You Can Do That Virtually?!
I might not be able to physically touch you, but there are a lot of other things I CAN do:
- Complete a thorough intake of your medical and pelvic floor history
- Review foods and drinks that might be playing a role in constipation, urinary symptoms or pain
- Movement screens and strength testing ‘tests’
- Teach bladder or bowel habits and routines to get you on track
- Education on pain science and pain management strategies
- Strength training and exercise program progressions
- Breathing mechanics
- Movement and mobility training
- Pregnancy and Postpartum Consultations
- Hysterectomy Preparation and Post-Op Consultations
- Health Coaching
Just to name a few things I CAN do! When I can’t use my hands, it gives you an opportunity to assess for yourself (with my guidance) and tune into your body in a whole new way.
What Would A Virtual Session Be Like?
We’d chat for a bit first, then get moving! As long as I can see you move and you can see me, we can get a lot done. As far as the pelvic floor specifically, there are a few strategies we can use (all without having to show me your vulva on camera!).
Like any session, we would make a plan moving forward and I would send you a follow-up email with the exercises and instructions for you to do at home before our next session.
Telehealth or virtual sessions can be a great fit even when we aren’t amid a global health crisis. Women with busy schedules, can put the kids down for a nap and get in a session, people who are recovering at home postpartum or post-surgery or those who live in rural areas and have to drive further for appointments.
It’s a great option and often our treatment plan will be hybrid of in-person assessment and virtual sessions. It really depends for each person.
If you’re curious if a virtual telehealth physical session is right for you, let’s chat! I offer a complimentary 30 minute phone call where we can discuss what’s going on, what your goals are and what makes sense for you moving forward. Click here to schedule a session!