Gut & Bowel Health
While there can be many medical reasons for bowel disorders, I am able to evaluate and treat the musculoskeletal components of bowel dysfunction by identifying and treating tightness or weakness in the abdomen, low back or pelvic floor muscles caused by IBS, constipation, and other bowel disorders. I have specialized training in functional nutrition and can look at your symptoms from a lens of how your muscles are reacting to what you are eating (or not eating). This comprehensive approach can address not only muscle imbalance, but nourishment and lifestyle shifts to successfully minimizing or even eliminating symptoms.
Common Diagnosis and Symptoms may include:
- Bowel frequency, urgency, and/or incomplete emptying
- Difficulty getting clean following a bowel movement
- Rectal pain, low back pain, hip pain, stomach pain and/or abdominal pain
- Rectal pressure or rectal spasm
- Fecal incontinence
- Coccyx pain or a feeling of fullness in the rectum
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Levator ani syndrome
- Anal fissure
Want to know when the next workshop is happening or the latest post is up on the blog? Signup for my email list and you’ll never miss out!